To order cookbooks, contact the organization directly.
Contact information is listed at the bottom of this page.
Modern African Cookbook
Help Us Help Them
Book Number: 127739
Number of Recipes: 151
Binding Style: Hard Back
Special Features: This cookbook features dishes from Cameroon, Nigeria, Togo, Ghana, Ethiopia, South Africa and Jamaica
Description: Wow! Now all busy Chefs can bring fantastic flavors of African cuisine into their kitchens with a simple trip to your local African, Caribbean or Asian markets, as well as their favorite Supermarkets for the fabulous ingredients to bring these tasty recipes to live. Help Us Help Them (Huht) presents The Modern African Cookbook with a collection of 151 delicious recipes from six African countries and some modern American quick bites on the go
Funds raised support: All proceeds goes to Help Us Help Them (Huht). This is an organization that provide services to orphans at orphanages and equip a maternity for women to have a clean and safe delivery ward.
How to Purchase
Make check payable to:
Help Us Help Them (Huht)
Mail order to:
Help Us Help Them
Att: Gwendoline Forseh
4331 Crestone Cir
Broomfield, CO 80023
plus $3.00 S/H per book.
Colorado residents add 7% state and local sales tax to your order.
Potatoes Hot Pot
- • 2 Ib. yellow/white potatoes
- • 4 Ib. romaine tomatoes (sliced)
- • 2 Ib. chicken (Wings, or tight, breast)
- • 1 medium onion
- • 1 clove ginger
- • 1 clove garlic
- • 2 habanero peppers (blended)
- • 2 tbsp. Parsley, basil, celery (freshly blended)
- • Salt and bouillon cubes
- • Oil for frying and cooking
- Wash and rinse the chicken and place in a medium size pot with salt, pepper and 1 bouillon cube and steam - peel and wash the potatoes and cut them in small-square like shapes, sprinkle a pinch of salt on them and set aside on a strainer for excess water to drain - remove the steam chicken from the pot and deep fry - add the cut potatoes in the pot that you removed the chicken from and part-boil with 2 cups of water for 15 minute - deep fry the potatoes after part-boiling it and set aside - place another medium size pot on medium heat and heat 2 ½ cup of oil - once the oil is hot add the slice onion, all the blended spices and the sliced tomatoes and cook until the water is dry, - Taste the boiling tomatoes sauce for salt and bouillon cube and add if needed - add the fried potatoes into the boiling tomatoes sauce and stir by (carefully shake the pot in a circle motion to avoid the tomatoes from getting mushy) and let it simmer for 5 minute - now add the fried chicken into the potatoes, and carefully shake the pot in a circular motion again then let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, while you constantly shake the pot ****** Serve while warm with fried onion spinach for veggies on the side******